In an attempt to provide a safe and secure learning environment for your child, we take the following security precautions:
- Homeland Security:Our number one priority is the safety for your child. Should situations arise that include Homeland security, we will respond as directed by the community emergency authorities. Children will be kept in a safe and secure area of the facility unless deemed necessary by emergency authorities to evacuate the building. In the event that we evacuate the building, children and staff will relocate to the Youth Center located on our property, or an area designated by emergency authorities.
- Key Fob Door Lock:All facility doors are kept locked during operation hours. A key fob is provided to parents/guardians for entrance into the building. For the safety and well-being of our students, we require everyone entering the building to use their own assigned key fob. All visitors will need to be identified by office personnel through the camera/intercom system and MUST sign-in and out with the front office.
- Intercom/Phone System:Each classroom is equipped with an intercom and/or telephone, which allows faculty to communicate with the office in case of an emergency.
- Camera System:An advanced camera system monitors all entrances/exits and hallways throughout the school to ensure the safety of our faculty and students.
- Emergency Action Plan:MVCA has published and Emergency Action Plan that is kept in all classrooms.
- School Records:Administrative procedures are in place for documenting and maintaining current academic, medical, disciplinary, and attendance records. These records are kept in a secure location in the academy office. In the event that Midland Valley Christian Academy ceases operation, all student records will be turned over to SCACC (South Carolina Association of Christian Schools - 615 St Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC 29210).