Blended Learning Delivery
With our online learning format, students are a part of a real community of learners with hands-on presence from caring, qualified teachers in the classroom.
- Online courses offered through partnerships with two Christian education providers
- Video or real-time based instruction from teachers rather than primarily text-based courses
- Opportunities to interact with other high school students from around the country and even outside the US
- College-like experience
- Block scheduling
- Individual courses selections
- Blend of individual and classroom work
- Emphasis on collaboration and community rather than traditional desks and chairs in classrooms
- Participate in a live session or asynchronously, depending on course schedule
Experience homeschool-like flexibility while fully immersed in a high-quality, caring learning environment!
- genuine school community with friends, teachers, and social activities
- attend school functions, play sports (as available), join school groups, go on trips
- guidance counseling and teacher/staff mentoring and accountability
Questions & Information
Graduation Requirements (Grades 9-12)
The student must earn a minimum of twenty-six (26) units of credit as follows:
|English Language Arts||4.0||4.0|
|Social Sciences: History/Government/Economics||3.0||4.0|
|Adult Living/Personal Finance||0.5||0.5|
|Physical education & Health||1.0||1.0|
|Bible/Worldview||0.5 - 4.0||0.5 - 4.0|
|Electives||0.5 - 3.5||0.5 - 2.5|
|Minimum Total Credits||26.0||28.0|
- Students must be enrolled in one Bible and one English or Social Science course each semester.
- Student must complete a minimum of 20 hours of community/volunteer service each year of attendance.
- Students in grades 9-11 must take 6 courses per semester. Seniors must take at least 4 courses per semester.
- Approved foreign language courses can be completed in 6th-8th grade
Additional Requirements for Honors Distinction:
- Must earn 28 credits
- Must earn 12 credits as Honors, AP, or Dual Credit courses
- Must earn a final, cumulative SCUGP GPA of 4.500 or higher
TUITION & COSTS
|Application Fee||$45 $25|
|Enrollment Fee||$155 $75|
|Standard Tuition (Grades 9-12)||$7,200|
|Materials and Resource Fee||$425 $300|
|Device Fee (Microsoft Surface Laptop Go)||$200|
- For families enrolling in this first year, a minimum of a 10% scholarship will be provided.
- Families may also apply for financial aid up to 25% off using the school's standard financial assistance program.
BEST FIT FOR STUDENTS WHO...
- Are looking for an individualized, flexible model to move at their desired pace with more class options
- Like to be independent, self-guided learners OR
- Enjoy learning in a digital environment with in-person teacher support
- Are creative, entrepreneurial, imaginative, and love doing things out of the ordinary
- Looking for a small-group, family feel to a high school experience
HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Initially, MVCHS will not field high school sports due to student population but we'll add varsity athletics as the school grows and demand and logistics (coaches, supporters) permit. We want to grow varsity and JV athletics as fast as possible while still maintaining quality and culture.
However, 9th graders will be eligible to participate in most middle school/JV sports. In some instances, 10th graders may be allowed to play select sports as JV players depending on the league and sport.
All high school students can participate in the MVCN Sports Ministry programs, including forming school-sponsored teams for that league.
Dr. Tony Wagner, co-director of Harvard's Change Leadership Group, argues that today's school children are facing a "global achievement gap"
Skills American businesses seek and expect versus skills students are getting in less than engaging, less than inspiring, traditional classroom settings
Caused by a global shift from an industrial economy to a knowledge economy...
And the way in which today's school children, brought up with the internet, are motivated to learn.
MVCHS students gain the Survival Skills necessary for the future